from the Ritzman Brand Collection of Supplements
The sunlight is so beautiful – and can be wonderful to enjoy after a long winter. Everyone wants to spend time in it during the summer.
But be careful. While being outdoors is beneficial in so many ways, keep yourself and your family protected from overexposure to the sun! Sunburn can be extremely irritating to even dangerous, and prolonged sun overexposure over time also heightens your risk for skin cancer.
There are many products and ideas for limiting your risk in the sun. Here a few pointers:
- Use sunscreen rated at least 15 SPF or higher. This “broad spectrum” protection helps block more of the potentially harmful UV rays in sunlight.
- Be mindful of the time of day. Sunlight is most dangerous when it’s directly overhead, usually between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Wear light-colored clothing and a hat.
- Use care to completely apply sunscreen over your entire body. It’s easy to miss ears, your hairline or those annoying spots on your back you can’t reach yourself. Have a friend or family member help you!
- Be mindful of how often your brand of sunscreen recommends it be reapplied. Some could be as fast as every two hours.
- Children under 6 months old should not be in direct sunlight. If necessary, use a zinc oxide sunscreen but wash it off quickly after you return inside.
One last thing … don’t forget your lips! They can burn easily. Keep some Ritzman-brand lip balm handy to help protect your lips. It also comes in multiple flavors.
Interested in learning more about skin protection? Stop in to your local Ritzman Pharmacy and talk to your local pharmacist or contact us for more information.